Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Election and voting list fun!

I have not voted in any election till now. I did regret not voting last time. I had the opportunity to vote in two elections. I want to vote because I want to have the right to complain :). Also, I want a candidate of my like to win. Last time, even though I filled application for registration, my name was missing from the voting list. This time it is not, but I am 3 years younger according to Election Commission. Similarly my mom is 18 according to them, my younger sister who is in PUC is 28. Luckily my brother's age is correct in the list. Funniest part is, my landlord's every other info is correct except the address! I am not sure if the Returning officer would allow us to vote with such inconsistencies in the data. We anyway want to try our luck. The Political parties distributed small pamphlets with each voter's name, serial number and other information. I wonder how did they get the list. May be from the website which showed the complete list. This time it was easy to know if one's name of registered through the website http://www.bangalorevoterid.org/. Thanks to the site.
I will vote. Will you?

4 comments:

Pramod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chethana said...

Damn! Very useful site, but I saw it a li'l late :D

Eshanye K P said...

You should get a voter's ID card. Its very easy to get and when they issue it (that is when they take your photo also) you can sit next to them and correct all the mistakes.... that was very handy because my name will be invariably typed wrong everywhere by everybody and for this I could get it corrected then and there... :) that was indeed a cool thing.

DCM said...

I did get the Voter ID card. My mom and I went to get it, got the mistakes corrected too :). But I look like a kalla in that ID :(. And I could see that the issuers were not at all bothered about the authenticity of the information we gave. Its easy to get a second Voter ID card.